I was lucky enough to get an advance preview copy of this book before it was released for sale. I have checked with Elizabeth and she says it is fine to offer it as a prize so here it is! It has ‘advance reader’s copy not for re-sale’ printed at the top of the front cover.
Her earlier books were a total lifesaver for me, I had a baby that fed continously and never slept (at least that is what it felt like) and it was just so reassuring to read a book that gave me good structural advice whilst still advocating gentle parenting.
The No-Cry Separation Anxiety book comes with a special magic bracelet and is for babies from 6 months to kids of 6 years but I think some of the ideas would work well for older children too.
Here is what Amazon has to say about it:
A tear-free approach to child separation blues-from the bestselling ‘No Cry’ author a generation of parents have come to trust
Almost every child suffers some sort of anxiety during their first six years of life. Babies cry when grandparents hold them, toddlers cling to mommy’s leg, children weep when their parent leaves them at daycare, at school, or to go to work. This can cause frustration and stress in an already too-busy day and can break a parent’s heart. Trusted parenting author Elizabeth Pantley brings you another winning no-cry formula that helps you solve these common separation issues. Pantley helps you identify the source of anxiety and offers simple but proven solutions. In this exciting addition to the series, she ingeniously includes a free “magic” bracelet inside the book as a special tool for children to feel close to their parents-even when they’re not together. This successful method gives anxious children something to remind them their parents aren’t too far away-instantly providing them with the comfort and reassurance they need.
About the Author
Elizabeth Pantley is the author of the now-classic baby sleep book, The No-Cry Sleep Solution, as well as other books in the series: The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers, The No-Cry Potty Training Solution, The No-Cry Discipline Solution, and The No-Cry Nap Solution, along with four other parenting books. She is the president of Better Beginnings, a parent education company, and a regular radio show guest on stations across the U.S. and Canada, as well as a featured expert on a wide variety of parenting websites, such as ParentsAsk.com, as well as her own site, www.Pantley.com. She is in great demand as a keynote speaker at parenting conferences. Her school newsletter, Parent Tips, is distributed nationwide. She is frequently quoted in such magazines as Redbook, Parents, Parenting, American Baby, Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, Canadian Parents and Today’s Parent.
To enter the draw for a copy of The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution by Elizabeth Pantley and the Magic bracelet.
- Leave a comment on this page to earn one entry.
- You can earn more chances in the draw by letting other people know about it.
- Post a link on Facebook, Twitter, etc (1 entry for each different place)
- Mention it in an online forum (1 entry)
- Blog about it on your own blog (1 entry)
- Sign up to the newsletter for an extra entry at www.lactivist.co.uk
- You must let us know where you have told people in the comments otherwise we won’t know how many entries to allocate you. And you must tell me if you sign up to the newsletter, or if you are already signed up so you can have an extra entry.
- This prize draw is only open to people in the UK, sorry!
- The winner will be chosen using random.org
- You must leave your comments before midnight on the 30th November 2010 to qualify.