Amanda Rayment is a Master Herbalist and tutor for Birth and Loving Relationships courses. Her website is www.welcomeworldcafe.com
Here are her weaning tips from her newsletter:
- As best you can, remember you and your baby will teach each other what it is to be mother and child.
- The answers are within your heart and the source of your heart is the same source of that of your child’s heart. So trust that you will know when is the right timing for you and your child to start the process of weaning.
- With my children I loved using slippery elm powder as a weaning food alongside stewed fruits and mashed vegetables.
- Almond milk is a favourite of mine to use when weaning.
- In some other cultures parents chew the child’s food first so the parent’s digestive enzymes assist the baby’s developing digestive system.
- Rest back and enjoy there is no hurry.
Amanda also makes up a variety of different teas for breastfeeding mothers and if you are pregnant the September special offer at Welcome World Cafe is 2 for one Pregnancy Joy Tea, this is a formula that offers an abundance of nurturing and nourishment in every packet . A lovely tea to drink when you wake in the mornings, when you take time to relax during the day and then maybe a cup in the evening. It is designed to be drunk throughout your pregnancy and can be enjoyed every day. If you order a packet of pregnancy Joy tea during September, Welcome World will send you an extra packet as a gift.