This fantastic idea is the brainchild of Karen from www.boobiemilk.co.uk
She is organising an internet scavenger hunt for June 2012 and she says ‘I am really looking forward to this month long blogging extravaganza and I’m super excited to read all the posts about breastfeeding from so many different view points and experiences.’
She is looking for as many bloggers as possible to contribute so please share this information with your fellow bloggers and encourage them to take part so that as much information, tips and experiences can be shared throughout the month of June.“I have had some amazing responses from companies who have peldged prizes for the main competition. You are free to work with any of the companies to run additional competitions during the month or promote coupon codes, but these must be accompanied to a breastfeeding related post. Working with a company is not mandatory and completely up to you, but I do ask that you link to at least one company in each post as well as at least 5 blogs who are participating in the hunt. The current participating companies will be posted in the next day or so and I’m happy to be the go-between or they may have already contacted you or I can pass on the details of the contact person to you. I may also send out emails in the coming weeks if I have a company looking for a post to tag on to.
As I receive registration forms I will post your details to the main website http://boobiemilk.blogspot.co.uk/p/information-for-sponsorsbloggersorganiz.html, please let me know if I have written something you’d like changed or you notice a link not working.
I’d like to get more organizations involved, so please let them know if you have any contacts – ABM, BFN, LLL, etc
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions
Keep Britain Breastfeeding
Internet Scavenger Hunt June 2012
GOAL – The decision on how to feed your baby should be an informed one. The goal of this scavenger hunt is to inform, educate families about breastfeeding as well as providing an online platform for people to share their knowledge and own experiences during the entire Month of June ending with National Breastfeeding Week (24th-30th June).
PLAN – Pregnant and breastfeeding women and their family members will be invited to register
and participate in an internet scavenger hunt with the hopes of learning more about breastfeeding, sharing their experiences, winning prizes, and learning about businesses that support breastfeeding. During the Month of June, 2012 these participants will hunt for the “Keep Britain Breastfeeding” scavenger hunt logo which will be hidden within blogs and websites to collect points. The points will then be used to enter different competitions going on throughout the month. Participants who accumulate 150 points throughout the month will then be eligible to enter the competition to win the Grand Prize!
Each of the four weeks of June will be themed. Bloggers and organizations with a passion for breastfeeding will be asked to write posts based upon the theme each week for the participants to read. Companies that sell breastfeeding products will be invited to provide prizes and discount codes during the month of June to encourage participants to read the articles and visit the company websites. Companies can decide to run smaller individual competitions by working with the bloggers for additional incentives to read and learn. Each article will link to at least one company and 5 other bloggers who are participating in the hunt. Competitions will all be linked to an article based on the appropriate theme which can be located on the company blog or a separate blog.
A central blog www.keepbritainbreastfeeding.co.uk will be used to list the rules as well as an entire list of all participating companies and blogs. Participants must register at this central blog to receive updates throughout the month and be eligible to enter the competition. Participants, companies and bloggers are encouraged to tweet and post about the hunt as much as possible to bring people to the hunt and promote their articles, competitions and discount codes. RaffleCopter will be used as a means to do this in an organised way.
What Can You Do?
- Breastfeeding Companies – You must provide at least one donation for our grand prize. You will also have the opportunity to donate a prize for a second competition to be held on a specific date during the month of June. You may also decide to have a discount code available for participants to use during the event or on a specific day during the event. You may either promote this through your own blog or by using a blogger of your choice. Your logo and information will be listed on the central information blog along with links to all donors and article writers and T&C’s. The competition can direct participants to your website with an appropriate competition question. In the run up to the event and during the Month of June I ask that you promote the event by all means that you have at your disposal to build and promote interest in the Hunt.
- Bloggers – Each week will be themed. You should choose to write at least one article each week on that theme (suggestions attached). Please choose the dates that you plan to post your articles so that your posts can be advertised at the correct time and the appropriate links can be shared. You will be provided with the logo to post on your blog entry as well as a list of websites and bloggers that you can choose to link to. You must link to at least 5 other participating bloggers and at least 1 company sponsor. In the run up to the month of June and during the month you should promote the event by whatever means you are able to through social media. You may choose to run a competition and team up with one of the breastfeeding friendly companies. You can go directly to the company or let me know you have interest in working with a company for a competition and I can pair you together.
- Breastfeeding Support Organizations – I would love you to promote the services that you offer to pregnant and breastfeeding women and their families, as well as provide lots and lots of facts about breastfeeding. People like to get their information from different places. Personal recommendations are always powerful, but we mustn’t forget that some like the hard facts. Please use this opportunity to let the participants know all about your organization and educate them on what matters to your organization the most. You may choose to post your articles on your own website or choose to guest post on your favourite blog.
- Other Companies – If your company is not directly related to breastfeeding but you sell products and services to families with young children and you are a small family company selling products that promote a natural approach to parenting then I would love you to participate in the hunt. You must provide a prize for the grand prize competition and then in addition to this you can also choose to provide a discount code during the event. If you have a blog, you can also choose to write articles during the month on the theme/s of your choosing. The company must be breastfeeding friendly.
Each company and blogger needs to be approved before being able to participate. It would be great to have a wide assortment of bloggers and breastfeeding friendly companies represented during the month
- 1st-7th June – The Benefits of Breastfeeding
- 8th-14th June – Mum to Mum sharing about Breastfeeding
- 15th-21st June – Where to Get Support
- 22nd-30th June – Breastfeeding Beyond the First Month
I have left the themes pretty open and general so that you can add your own personal flavour. I wanted to encourage you to all think about information that would have been helpful to you and also give you a chance to share your stories.
Once you have decided to participate in the Hunt you must complete the attached registration form and return it to Karen.email@example.com by May 11th, 2012. Once I have received all the registration forms I will update the hunt headquarters blog and send out updates to you all. I will also set up the rafflecopter widgets and send you the appropriate links to add to your blogs and websites. As soon as everything is in place I ask that you use your social media connections to spread the word about the event in the run up to and during June. Take time now to follow the official twitter account and like the official facebook page –
Blog Post Suggestions
|A guest post||A guest post||Peer Support Groups||Nursing a Toddler|
|Convenience||Top tips||Hospital Support||Weaning/introducing solids|
|Cost||Favourite Accessory||Online Support||Tandem Nursing|
|Environment||Dispelling Myths||Health Professional Support||Nursing when pregnant|
|Health Benefits||How to nurse in public||Family Support||Teething|
|Prematurity||Travelling and BF||OH Support||Nursing at Night/Bed Sharing|
|Risks of formula||Nursing Hands-Free||Public Support||Nursing Twins|
Thank you for reading, I look forward to working with you in June
Director – BoobieMilk Ltd
“My dream is for all women to achieve their breastfeeding goals”