This is the second book from the pile of goodies in the Pinter and Martin giveaway. Tempted though I am to give it to the editor of Mother and Baby magazine, I think it will be wasted on her!
This is a sweet little book with a serious message. I hadn’t realised that the illustrator, Lou Gardiner, embroidered all the pictures! Genius!
Do bottle fed babies sleep better and feed longer than breastfed babies? Are modern formula milks as good as breastmilk? Are breastfed babies woozies that want picking up all the time? And is it really easier and more convenient to bottle-feed?
Many women thinking about breastfeeding their babies are put off by rumours and myths. In their award-winning, beautifully illustrated book infant feeding specialist Val Finigan and embroidery artist Lou Gardiner tackle commonly held beliefs about breastfeeding with wisdom, warmth and wit.
“Clever, beautiful, thoughtful, vibrant and artistic, this delightful book is a colourful guide debunking common breastfeeding myths. The text is set against embroidery – perfect, not just in design, but as a metaphor for how humans embroider ideas and belief!” The Mother
“A lovely gift and ideal, easy-to-read, introduction to breastfeeding for new mums or mums-to-be.” Breastfeeding Matters, La Leche League
“On first viewing of Saggy Boobs and other Breastfeeding Myths, what strikes you is the sheer exquisitness of the production itself. Each and every page features illustrations of embroidery panels (by artist Lou Gardiner) – very humorous and very accurate. An inspirational read.” Association of Lactation Consultants Ireland
“Val’s book will be a great boost for breastfeeding mums everywhere. It is very funny; it has stunning illustrations and is packed with good, practical advice from real life mums who have breastfed their own children”. Elle Macpherson
How to win ‘Saggy Boobs and Other Breastfeeding Myths’
- Leave a comment on this page to earn one entry.
- You can earn more chances in the draw by letting other people know about it
- Post a link on Facebook, Twitter, etc (1 entry for each different place)
- Mention it in an online forum (1 entry)
- Blog about it on your own blog (1 entry)
- Sign up to the newsletter for an extra entry at www.lactivist.co.uk
- You must let us know where you have told people in the comments other
wise we won’t know how many entries to allocate you. And you must tell me if you sign up to the newsletter, or if you are already signed up so you can have an extra entry.
- This prize draw is only open to people in the UK, sorry!
- The winner will be chosen using random.org
- You must leave your comments before midnight on the 31st October 2010 to qualify.