Patricia Hamilton is a Master’s student at the University of Sussex and she is currently conducting research about race and the lactivist movement.
If you are interested in participating in this project please answer the following questions and return them via e-mail to email@example.com
Please feel free to answer the questions in any way you like and in any order.
There is no minimum or maximum length answer. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please mail Patricia directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you heard the breast is best mantra? In what circumstances did you hear this message?
- What can you remember/recall about your infant feeding experience? Reactions from friends, fellow parents, partners, family etc?
- Where did you get your information about infant feeding from? Midwife? Health visitor? Friends? Family? Internet? Books?
- Have you been involved in any parenting groups, online or in person? Is/was infant feeding mentioned at any of these groups?
- Have you heard of lactivism ? Where? In what circumstances?
- What do you think of lactivism?
- Have you come across a pro-breastfeeding or lactivist group? What did you think of it? Have you considered joining? Why or why not?
- What do you think of breastfeeding in public? Have you ever done it? Why were you un/comfortable with it?
- Do you think race plays any role in the kind of messages about breastfeeding that are sent out to mothers and the rest of society?
- How do you define a good mother? How does society define a good mother? Is there a difference between your perspectives and society’s?
- Breastfeeding rates in the UK are among the lowest in Europe, why do you think that is?
Thanks for your help,